Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th January 2008, 22:18

Default Rejected e-mail (unknown user) w/Postfix

Hi,

I installed a Postfix server with virtual domains according to the excellent tutorial "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora 8)".

However, when I receive a mail it is rejected with "Unknown User" message, although the user and the domain exist in the database.

Checking the Postifx site i saw that the virtual mailbox domain can't be listed under $mydestination in main.cf (http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_READM...rtual_mailbox).

But in the tutorial the example.com is used both in $mydestination as well as in the virtual domain tables.

Since I have a similar configuration, I wonder if this could be the reason for rejecting the mail?

Any insight would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Sponsored Links