Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th January 2007, 17:19

Default Mailserver Migration To ISPConfig Server

Hi,
I have 6 servers on 2 datacentres, ie. 3 servers on each datacentre. To simply things, lets call the datacentres as A, which is the main datacentre and B, which is like the failover datacentre.

I have one server running on ISPConfig on DC A for almost 3 months now and everything seems to be working fine. That server is running the web and MySQL server while all emails are directed to an external server on DC B, which is running on Postfix.

Is there a way for me to install ISPConfig on a fresh server on DC A and then migrate all users and emails from the old server to this new server? Preferably this could be done without re-creating all the users all over again. Is there a way to do this?

Another issue that I am having is to create another webserver on DC B and somehow mirror the files on the main webserver in DC A to this new webserver. What is best way to do this.

Thanks and hopefully, someone could help me with these 2 issues.
Sponsored Links
Old 9th January 2007, 11:33
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,656 Times in 4,464 Posts

Quote:
Is there a way for me to install ISPConfig on a fresh server on DC A and then migrate all users and emails from the old server to this new server? Preferably this could be done without re-creating all the users all over again. Is there a way to do this?
Yes, please have a look here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9211

You will find also some other threads about this if you search the forum for "move ispconfig"

Quote:
Another issue that I am having is to create another webserver on DC B and somehow mirror the files on the main webserver in DC A to this new webserver. What is best way to do this.
Thats not so easy. I guess the best solution might be to setup 2 identical servers and then mirror the websites, configuration files and databasees with rsync.