Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 10th October 2005, 15:22

Default Segmentation fualt error during compile

I have tried the forum search but did find only one hit, saying to remove all old data... (which I did several times already..

Sofar i succeeded:
- tar xvfz ISPConfig*
- cd install_ispconfig
- /.setup

then the compile starts (I assume..) but it breaks off with following errors:
Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bart/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/openssl-0.9.8/crypto/rc2'
making all in crypto/rc4...
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bart/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/openssl-0.9.8/crypto/rc4'
gcc -I.. -I../.. -I../../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -mcpu=k6 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM   -c -o rc4_skey.o rc4_skey.c
`-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.
(cd asm; /usr/bin/perl5 rc4-586.pl elf -I.. -I../.. -I../../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -mcpu=k6 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM > ../rx86-elf.s)
/bin/sh: line 1: 14011 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/perl5 rc4-586.pl elf -I.. -I../.. -I../../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -mcpu=k6 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM >../rx86-elf.s
make[2]: *** [rx86-elf.s] Fout 139
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bart/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/openssl-0.9.8/crypto/rc4'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Fout 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bart/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/openssl-0.9.8/crypto'
make: *** [build_crypto] Fout 1
ERROR: Could not make OpenSSL
I''m kind of stuck here, re-installed and updated SLL to latested versions etc.
I''m using Mandrive 2005LE (mandrake 10.2) with full development section installed..

anyone a clue?!
Sponsored Links
Old 10th October 2005, 17:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts

Quote:
/bin/sh: line 1: 14011 Segmentation fault /usr/bin/perl5 rc4-586.pl elf -I.. -I../.. -I../../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -mcpu=k6 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM >../rx86-elf.s
Either a hard disk failure (then get a new one...), or maybe an incompatible binary... I'm not quite sure what you can do about that...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 10th October 2005, 18:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

If you dont get the segmentation fault always in the same step of the installation, it might be an issue with your RAM memory as well.
Old 10th October 2005, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
If you dont get the segmentation fault always in the same step of the installation, it might be an issue with your RAM memory as well.

mm, is there a way to check the ram condition...
the error occurs everytime at a different place.. but always when compiling openSSL

error messages are different, but mostly segmentation fault...

if someone knows a RAM check that works with mandriva... I would like to know!

thanxx sofar!
Old 10th October 2005, 19:00
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

Maybe Mandriva has a memtest option when you boot from the first bootable install CD / DVD. As far as i know the Boot CD's of the Debian and Redhat have such an option.
Old 12th October 2005, 02:15

Default MemTest86

I've had good luck with MemTest86...

http://www.memtest86.com

Throw it on a floppy or what have you and go to town.. should give you some idea. I also wouldn't leave out the cpu... compiling anything with choke on a faulty proc.

I would recommend attempting to compile something else as well... if it fails there then hardware is bout the only thing it could be.... download a linux kernel and compile it for the hell of it... see what happens.