Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Closed Thread

Old 16th October 2006, 05:17

Default Email problems - POP3/SMTP/Password

First of all, I thought I had everything setup until I noticed something wrong, I can't send email to address of my same domain or even to itself. Eg. user1@domain.com can't send to either user1@domain.com or user2@domain.com. All tries to get through the relayhost.

How to make it in such a way that all local mails (assuming hosting different domain) will not go out via the relayhost.

Secondly, how to make POP3 to login using user1@domain.com instead of web1_user? also make SMTP using also user1@domain.com?

Thirdly, where can email users change their password? I had installed both Squirrelmail and UebiMiau, but none has ability to change password.

Lastly, how come when I created a new email user and setup user real name, and then goes to either Squirrelmail and UebiMiau, the user name and email address are wrong??? i still have to reencode them in both Squirrelmail and UebiMiau to make it work.

Setup is: Perfect setup of Ubuntu 6.06 Drapper / ISPconfig + relayhost (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...ight=relayhost)

jwan
Sponsored Links
Old 16th October 2006, 12:04
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,650 Times in 4,460 Posts

Double post:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7384
Closed Thread