Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd June 2013, 19:10

Default Default vhost for non-existing (& suspended) websites

In my ISPConfig3 install if a sites get suspended due to traffic limit exceed, if you try to access the domain via browser the next (alphabetically) active site on the server will be shown.

This is also the case for domains that don't have a vhost on the server.

As I am running shared hosting this is pretty evil. If a clients exceeds the traffic limit his domain is getting redirect to a different domain from a total other customer!

I guess I could work around this by somehow adding a default VirtualHost that is loaded before any ISPConfig VirtualHosts, but I just can't imagine, why this is not solved by default ... this seems like a pretty serious problem for me.

Regards,
Malte

PS: I'm under version 3.0.5.2 and I need to have an IP assigned to all sites, as I have SSL sites.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th June 2013, 09:26
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,500 Times in 4,329 Posts

Quote:
In my ISPConfig3 install if a sites get suspended due to traffic limit exceed, if you try to access the domain via browser the next (alphabetically) active site on the server will be shown.
Thats the normal behaviour of the apache webserver. The daefault vhost exists as part of the base setup and it catches * hotsts. If you want to have a default vhost for sites were you used the it, then create a nwe website and use this as domain name:

000default.tld

the domain name does not has to exist, it just have to be the first in alphabet.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
s1lv3r (19th July 2013)