Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th May 2013, 14:57

Send a message via MSN to mphayesuk
Default New System SQL Replication Failing

Hi guys, its been a long time but I am finally installing a brand new production system and I have run into a few issues.

I am following the Debian step by step guide for a cluster setup and cant get the SQL replication to work.

So I have granted the user rights on server 1 then I have changed the my.cnf file on bother servers and stopped the sql server after making the changes.

So Mysql is not running on bother servers.
Then I copy the files accross (mysql and debian.cnf) to server 2

Then I start mysql on server 1, note the position and file name and then run through the stop slave > change to master.... > start slave > show slave status

Here I have an io error 2013 error connecting to master on server2

I have tried to telnet on the 3306 port and because the guide does not say start the server2 mysql I cant connect. If I try and start mysql on server2 it doesnt start anyway. I cant see any error logs on server2 even though I have turned on logging in the my.cnf "General_log_file"

So can someone point me in the right direction... please
Sponsored Links