Old 15th April 2013, 10:36

Post Need ways to load balance

Hi,

I am having an issue installing load balancing methods and I am in need of aid.
Let me start with explaining my setup:
I have 1 load balance server which will be the the server that will be surfed to. for everything (phpmyadmin, all websites, etc..) and this one will redirect to the others.
2 identical webservers with unison syncing. (2 webservers is not the limit, this is just my testing setup)
1 MySQL server to have a standalone database server.
(these are all Ubuntu 12.10)

My question is to find a good way to load balance (maybe with a nice webgui? not mandatory) that supports awstats on load balance level (it needs to have statistics for all websites on all servers) or something similar to awstats.

I have already succeeded in configuring a load balance method with apache with proxies and balancer clusters. it works, but I cannot combine it with a statistics app, like awstats.

I tried Ispconfig 3 but I just cannot figure it out. There aren't many good tutorials to where I want to go to. I only need To use the webservers part, but every tutorial comes with DNS and Postifx and Mail services. I don't need those. I just need to add the websites that are on the webservers and load balance on this servers but I cannot find out how to achieve this.

I really hope to find some help here and I thank you for your time to read this and maybe think of a way and share it with me.

Thanks,
Glitchy
Sponsored Links