Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th March 2013, 07:27

Exclamation ISPConfig 3 - Internal Server Error 500

After installing the panel ISPConfig 3, before the link http: //mywebserver:8080/, i have a problem:

Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
I installed it as described above THERE.

Apache log:
Code:
[Sat Mar 09 08:18:43 2013] [warn] [client 31.207.68.228] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Sat Mar 09 08:18:43 2013] [error] [client 31.207.68.228] Premature end of script headers: index.php
I have updated the panel with the command php -q update.php but it did't resolved this problem.

Please HELP me!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12th March 2013, 19:13
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

You should use one of these tutorials to set up the server: http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation/

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 17th March 2013, 00:34

Default update to 3.0.5.1 from 3.0.4.6 didn't work too

Hello

We had a VM with a virgin installation of Centos 6.3 and ISPConfig 3.0.4.6 that was working but didn't have any domains yet.

In our company we just are ready to start using the ISPConfig with our domains and we did what we thing is logical, to check for new versions and found the update. We updated and get the same 500 error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

We shutdown the VM, restore from a backup, updated again with the same results. Restore the VM again and updated to 3.0.5 with the same result. The machine was working and we have navigated through the options and menus and we like it very much. Also we didn't change anything never before the update. I can restore the 3.0.4.6 and start to work but I found very useful the new features of the 3.0.5.1, specially the backups and security.

any ideas? Have anyone found the same error with an update?

Thanks in advance
Old 17th March 2013, 13:26
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

How did you upgrade?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 17th March 2013, 18:31

Default How I did it

Hi

In the several attempts I tried at first like the software recommended with the internal script:

# ispconfig_update.sh

With each failed attempt to start I shutdown the VM, restore it completely from the backup and tried again, then each attempt have not run over a "dirty failed scenario". I tried always with the stable version; and in different attempts I choose different between reconfigure the database (sometimes yes and sometimes no), the same with reconfigure scripts, and son on.

After non of the attempts worked I tried downloading the tar file again, uncompressing it and running the command:

# php -q update.php

The same result.

I am using Centos 6.3 and KVM.

Thanks in advance Falko. I have been using your guidelines in Howtoforge for several different software and platforms for years.
Old 19th March 2013, 12:25

Default I've got Error 500,too

Hi Falko,

after updating from 3.0.4.6 to 3.0.5.1 with the ipconfig_update.sh script, I've got a Internal 500 Server error.

My System is Debian Squeeze on OpenVZ, setting up on your "Perfect Script". On 3.0.4.6 is works fine. But what is gonig wrong now?

Code:
[Tue Mar 19 09:58:55 2013] [warn] [client 192.168.3.12] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Tue Mar 19 09:58:55 2013] [error] [client 192.168.3.12] Premature end of script headers: index.php
PLS, this is urgend, of course the error is on a production system.