Old 1st March 2013, 10:35

Default Last Questions

Hey everyone,

I just have some final question for a migration between two environments.
I know that password for FTP and the ISPConfig panel are managed in the MySQL database. If the users should be able to login with their old credentials, do I just have to copy and pasty the passwords in the respective MySQL database tables?

Second question: What is the best practice reboot order in a multiserver environment (in case of any kernel upgrades or stuff). Master first or slaves first?

Regards

Zero
Sponsored Links
Old 1st March 2013, 10:39
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts

Quote:
I know that password for FTP and the ISPConfig panel are managed in the MySQL database. If the users should be able to login with their old credentials, do I just have to copy and pasty the passwords in the respective MySQL database tables?
If the passwords are encrypted in the same way, then you can just copy them into the mysql table.

Quote:
Second question: What is the best practice reboot order in a multiserver environment (in case of any kernel upgrades or stuff). Master first or slaves first?
The order does not matter. All slaves work independantly from master, they contact the master only for config changes and if they cant reach the master, they will try again after a minute.