Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th February 2013, 18:25

Default howto move ispconfig to another server

we currently have ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 running on our old host, we would like to move everything to a new one.

i thought of a fresh install on the new host with the latest version and move everything to the new one.

will i run in any troubles? should i install the same version of ispconfig on the new one, backup everything and update afterwards?

according the things to backup i searched in the forum and would like to verify a few steps:

1) copy /etc/passwd /etc/shadow and /etc/group ( all webxxx.. entries)
2) copy /var/vmail
3) copy /var/www
4) backup all databases

are there any additional steps i've to consider?

cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:38

i would like to install ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 on the new server and upgrade later on but i can't find it anywhere on the internet, i tried to checkout svn and installed the revision where the commit message was "Changed version number in ispconfig3.sql to 3.0.1.6."

but after inserting the sql dump from the other server i get "Unknown column 'mirror_server_id' in 'where clause'" when seleting a site or email client...

can someone provide me with the exact revision number from svn or the tar.gz file of 3.0.1.6?

thanks in advance