Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th February 2013, 22:51

Default Passwort vs. password and a lot of id's

Hi. I am trying to implement ISPConfig into website using Remote API. But I am really confused. There is a lot of ID's. What is difference between "userid", "client_id", "sys_userid" and "sys_groupid"?

There is one more question. Function "client_get" returns array with the key "passwort", but function "client_get_by _username" returns array with the key "password". What is the difference between "passwort" and "password". It's the same thing?

Last edited by mrtnzlml; 12th February 2013 at 15:33.
Sponsored Links
Old 12th February 2013, 08:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,260 Times in 4,124 Posts

The function "client_get_by _username" is deprecated and will be removed, so dont use it for new projects. Use the client_get function instead. If you want to get a client by username, the correct syntax is:

$client_record = $client->client_get($session_id, array('username' => 'myuser'));

Quote:
There is a lot of ID's. What is difference between "userid", "client_id", "sys_userid" and "sys_groupid"?
The only relevant ID when using the API is the client_id. The other id's are internal ID's from ispconfig to manage the permissions of the records.
Old 12th February 2013, 15:33

Thank you for answer. Where can I find another informations? I have ISPConfig manual. There is a lot of informations, but there is few informations about Remote API. I am trying to find description of functions and their return values...

Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 15:45
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,260 Times in 4,124 Posts

The remote api documentation is part of the ispconfig tar.gz. You find it in the remoting_client directory.