Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th February 2013, 18:00

Default multiple SSL on one ip using SSI

I am running ISPConfig 3 perfect server Debian Squeeze Nginx setup.

SSL works fine on https://server.myserver.com using a Godaddy cert, no warnings. I added another site using a Godaddy SSL cert, I checked SSL and SSI pasted in my Godaddy SSL info, but when I access this site, it still uses the other Godaddy cert so I get the warning. How can I make this new site use the other SSL cert? I thought checking SSI would do the trick for newer browsers, but no luck. Keep in mind I only have the one static IP so this is why I am trying SSI.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 4th February 2013, 23:53

SSI? No. You must check if SNI is enabled (system->server config->servername->web->SSL settings AND the SSL checkbox in websites.

And be sure that you select the real ip address instead * in each website

cheers
Old 5th February 2013, 00:22

I was under the impression SSI is what allows multiple SSL certificates to work with one static IP? When I picked the IP, instead of * my site stopped working. I figure that is because the ip was 10.0.0.1, a local lan IP. Maybe I should add the real eternal IP to the server and try it that way?

thanks