Old 4th January 2013, 18:22

Default Debugging nginx directives

Hi,

I'm trying to get cakephp working with ISPConfig3 and nginx (loosely following http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3)

I have the server setup fine (I can run phpinfo() and other snippets of php fine) but I can't get cake working. I think it's because cake out of the box relies on mod-rewrite, but by default it should still work out of the box, just look ugly. But it doesn't work at all, I just get 404's, I'm guessing because it's redirecting me somewhere the doesn't exist.

But when I add nginx directives through the ISPC control panel, sometimes they don't get applied fully, but a mydomain.vhost.err shows up in /etc/nginx/sites-available. But there's absolutely no indication or documentation or log or anything anywhere I can find that explains this - am I missing something here?

Is there a way to debug site-specific nginx directives? And also, might it be possible that future version of ISPC indicate there has been a problem applying directives in the control panel, rather than having to manually check /etc/nginx/sites-available?

Thanks,

Dom.

EDIT: I'm running ISPConfig 3.0.5RC1, nginx 1.3.7 and I've tried cakephp 2.2.5 and 2.3.0RC1

Last edited by ItsDom; 4th January 2013 at 18:25.
Sponsored Links
Old 4th January 2013, 18:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

Quote:
And also, might it be possible that future version of ISPC indicate there has been a problem applying directives in the control panel, rather than having to manually check /etc/nginx/sites-available?
You can see this alraedy in the current version, just switch log level from error to warning in systm > server config and you will get the warnings in the system log of the monitor in case that a config change can not be applied.

For debugging instructions, please read the sticky post here in this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
ItsDom (4th January 2013)
Old 4th January 2013, 18:41

Thanks, I didn't notice that.

It says the root directive is duplicated, yet I only have it in there (the directives field) once. I'm guessing it's already in there once by default, but I need to be able to change it. Is it possible for users to change the root?

at the moment its set to /srv/www/sausage.server/web and I need to change it to /srv/www/sausage.server/web/cake/app/webroot.
If I make the change directly in the file, wont it just be overwritten the next time I update the directives field?
Old 5th January 2013, 12:46
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

Put the root directive in a location container (e.g.

Code:
location / {

}
), and it should work.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: