Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 25th July 2012, 21:58

Default amavis - "clamd.sock: No such file or directory"

Hello world!

For the last 12 hours I was digging deep into Google results to get a tricky bug out of my freshly installed ISPC on Centos 6: amavis always reported a fatal error when trying to scan an incoming mail.

amavis[4260]: (04260-02) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock (Can't connect to UNIX socket /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock: No such file or directory) at (eval 90) line 373.\n

It seems to be a problem for a lot of people. Several Google results advised to change the path so clamd.sock in the amavisd.conf and clamd.conf. But nothing helped. But as the spool folder is only a temporary folder, its content must be created somehow at the startup of some service. That pointed me to the right direction:

chkconfig clamd.amavisd on

It starts clamd for amavisd at boot time and therefore creates the clamd.sock, so it can be accessed. Maybe it saves someone else's day...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awado For This Useful Post:
falko (26th July 2012), till (26th July 2012)
Sponsored Links