Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th April 2012, 11:31

Default ffmpeg install in ISPConfig/ centOS system

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place for this post but I need to install ffmpeg on out ISPConfig/CentOS server

I've found this command line code to install ffmpeg
Code:
yum install ffmpeg ffmpeg-devel ffmpeg-libpostproc flash-plugin mplayer mplayer-gui mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts gstreamer-ffmpeg gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly mencoder
But this set of yum installs look more suitable for a desktop based system and not a server. For instance I dont think I need the mplayer skins and fonts etc, and I'm not sure about gstreamer.

Also I dont know If this will work with ISPConfig and if or how the sites work or if there is anything I need to do in ISPConfig for this to work on a per-site basis

any help appreciated

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11th April 2012, 12:32
HowtoForge Supporter

Running ffmpeg on a webserver is likely to use a lot of resources while converting files.
We've however done it on some machines where the customer runs video-hosting sites.

Used debian with apt-get instead though.
Old 17th April 2012, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
Running ffmpeg on a webserver is likely to use a lot of resources while converting files.
We've however done it on some machines where the customer runs video-hosting sites.

Used debian with apt-get instead though.
Was that all that you had to do to get it to work?