Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 6th April 2012, 11:09
DamianFick DamianFick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Server is up but directories are not.

I am running a nginx server on centos 6.2 64 bit

my site is http://aanime.org

As you can see our site is completely screwed up... That is because no directories are accessible not even the control panel for wordpress or the images directory.

Suggestions please!

Last edited by DamianFick; 6th April 2012 at 12:29.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 7th April 2012, 11:29
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts
Default

For running Wordpress on nginx, take a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/running-wo...e-ubuntu-11.04
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 8th April 2012, 06:20
DamianFick DamianFick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I managed to find a wordpress configuration on the wiki.nginx.org which is waaaay more mind boggling than the one shown on your tutorial. It even recodes your nginx.conf to work with wordpress, cluster servers, multi site compatibility, proxies, and caching.

Then it gave the optimized vhost code which needed me to make 5 external files... The vhost which is on your tutorial is what i was using and it did not work, however after a few hours working on this it works now.

But for some stupid reason all of my files and folders are set as random owners such as "client0" "web1" web2" "web3" "ispconfig" "ispdb" and even "falko"

I dont know why but it is causing me tons of wasted time having to change the users on my websites folders. THEY WILL NOT work read/write under those user accounts. Once set to Apache once a php error ridden website is now clean as a whistle.

Another problem is postfix, i believe this is my SMTP? it wont turn on and it will not tell me why. It just says Stopping Postfix... [FAILED] Starting Postfix... [FAILED]

What port does this use if it could be that i doubt it. I am sure all ports are open.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 8th April 2012, 11:19
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianFick View Post
I managed to find a wordpress configuration on the wiki.nginx.org which is waaaay more mind boggling than the one shown on your tutorial. It even recodes your nginx.conf to work with wordpress, cluster servers, multi site compatibility, proxies, and caching.

Then it gave the optimized vhost code which needed me to make 5 external files... The vhost which is on your tutorial is what i was using and it did not work, however after a few hours working on this it works now.
All I can say is that my configuration works for me and all Wordpress sites I've set up so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianFick View Post
But for some stupid reason all of my files and folders are set as random owners such as "client0" "web1" web2" "web3" "ispconfig" "ispdb" and even "falko"
web1, web2, etc. are system usernames, client0, client1, etc. are group names. Not sure if you are reading the details your system gives you correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianFick View Post
I dont know why but it is causing me tons of wasted time having to change the users on my websites folders. THEY WILL NOT work read/write under those user accounts. Once set to Apache once a php error ridden website is now clean as a whistle.
Did you check your error logs? If you use CentOS, did you disable SELinux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianFick View Post
Another problem is postfix, i believe this is my SMTP? it wont turn on and it will not tell me why. It just says Stopping Postfix... [FAILED] Starting Postfix... [FAILED]

What port does this use if it could be that i doubt it. I am sure all ports are open.
Any errors in your mail log?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 8th April 2012, 12:53
DamianFick DamianFick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

SELinux is disabled.

Where is my mail logs?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 9th April 2012, 13:34
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts
Default

It's in the /var/log/ directory.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Webmin upgrade lishaw1968 Installation/Configuration 20 20th December 2014 12:12
Not working emails (DNS and postfix problem?) shekiman Installation/Configuration 9 1st March 2011 17:25
Virtual Users+Postfix+Courier+CentOS problem telnet localhost 25 stinson HOWTO-Related Questions 11 5th February 2011 14:57
Can't Ping over VPN RoMiONeT Server Operation 2 4th July 2010 01:19
problem with upgrade to 2.2.34 brianetilley Installation/Configuration 14 11th November 2009 18:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.