After I was setting up an new domain, I corrected the DNS settings to a "normal" value as:
a record mail.mydomain.com -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
and a NS record (priority 10) pointing at mail.mydomain.com
I restarted the server (to be sure) and waited about 1 day. Then I tried to send mail to email@example.com
but none of the boxes received mail.
So I went to DNS Report which gave me the following error (domain was edited):
ERROR: I couldn't find any MX records for mydomain.nl. If you want to receive E-mail on this domain, you should have MX record(s). Without any MX records, mailservers should attempt to deliver mail to the A record for mydomain.nl. I can't continue in a case like this, so I'm assuming you don't receive mail on this domain.
ERROR: I could not find any mailservers for anyhost.nl.
Except the "open DNS" servers DNS Report reports that all the other tests as pass. So except de mailserver settings everything is working.
Wat is going wrong. I used the perfect setup of Debian Sarge and everything else is working splendid.