Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th October 2011, 06:06

Default ISPConfig Migration Unable to login

I have done what has been mostly a successful migration of ISP Config 3.0.3.2 from a Centos 5.4 VM to a Centos 6.0 VM

Basically I followed the forum threads on

a) Copy /var/www, /var/vmail, then copy the databases, then I copied and manipulated passwd, shadow, group and finally rebuilt /etc/httpd/sites*

The new server was set up following the guide here for Centos6/ISPconfig3

Having been able to login ok to the new host (server2.totemspace.com) I am no longer able to log in as admin. Thinking I had done somethin stupid I followed the advice on faqforge to rest the password by manipulating the sys_user table directly.

But this does not work!

The server itself is functioning and all the client websites are up. phpadmin and squirrelmail are all fine, but I have no access to the ISPconfig control panel.

Cheers

Rajiv
Sponsored Links
Old 5th October 2011, 09:01
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

Can you login to the ispconfig mysql database with the ligin details from the ispconfig config.inc.php file?
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
rdhir (5th October 2011)
Old 5th October 2011, 13:42

Thanks. I will blame it being 3am for me being so dumb, don't actually know why it changed/got corrupted on Mysql though.

I will try and post my migration experience when finished as 3.x migration information on CentOS seems rarer. I chose to do it this way as I needed to upgrade php to support Wordpress 3.2.1 or higher so I felt the safest way to migrate the host was to move to a new VM running the new CentOS.

Now to make sure email is all working, but all the websites which was the only important bit are fine and I have also now upgraded to the latest ISPConfig too.