Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th April 2011, 05:39

Default Can't login to SquirrelMail after making password change for user in ISPconfig 3

I have had the server up and running for a while now. We had a user that needed to change their password, and we did now we can't log into squirrel mail. We can log in using a pop3 client. So I went to my account and changed passwords and now I can't log into squirrel mail. So I tried the old password it work fine, but the new changed password will not. Any ideas where I should look? Can't try that with the user because they forgot their old password.
Sponsored Links
Old 1st May 2011, 21:33
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

If it works with a normal email account, it must work with SquirrelMail as well because both authenticate against IMAP/POP3.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
If it works with a normal email account, it must work with SquirrelMail as well because both authenticate against IMAP/POP3.

Sorry. I put the post in the wrong place and thought
I removed it.

You are so right, after trying to create a new account it seems that ISPconfig 3 will no longer allow me to do this, as if it has lost connection to the database. How can I trouble shoot this problem.

I also tried this morning to change the passwords and used an email client that had not saved the password, and was unable to change any passwords as well. I can log into mysql with root, but not with ispconfig user.

I fixed the problem by running the ispconfig_update.sh.

Last edited by clttech; 2nd May 2011 at 13:56.