Old 22nd December 2010, 15:30

Default Problem with multiserver

OK, Ive been trying to setup a secondary server with ISPConfig3 for a couple days now. First I fixed a bug in the source and Ill explain that.

The Bug
Part 1)
mysql_connect doesnt have the new_link parameter set as true, if you use the same mysql host for both slave and master then it will be treated as the same connection. *FIXED LOCALLY* will report to bug tracker

Part 2)
Only hostnames are compared to detirmine if the masterdb = localdb. Needs to compare hostname and database for people using replication like me.

The current problem
I have a feeling this bug caused the problems I am experiencing now.
None of the datalog entries (actions) are being executed on the server. When running "/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh" with debug output I get the following every time.

Code:
s5:/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
22.12.2010-15:24 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
22.12.2010-15:24 - DEBUG - Found 19 changes, starting update process.
22.12.2010-15:24 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
finished.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:46
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,253 Times in 4,119 Posts

The problem is that you setup your system wrong and not as described in the multiserver documentation. Its a system requirement of ispconfig that each server in a cluster has its own local mysql database. ISPConfig uses this local database for caching and redundancy. So using the ame database for a mster and slave makes no sense and is not supported by ispconfig. So what you report here is not a bug, its just that you setup our systems in a way that is not supported by ispconfig.

Please see multiserver documentation on how to setup a multiserver system correctly so that it fullfills the system requirements:

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...th-ispconfig-3
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:48

As I stated each has its own database.

One is localhost-dbispconfig

One is localhost-dbispconfig_srv5

The reason I have to use the same is the latency between servers, they are over 600ms in ping apart so replication is used

I actually set it up following that guide as a guideline.

Last edited by splitice; 22nd December 2010 at 15:59.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,253 Times in 4,119 Posts

Quote:
As I stated each has its own database.
Thats not ok as I explained above. A system requirement for ispconfig is that you have a local and separate mysql server on each server and that the local ispconfig database resides on the local server. ISPConfig takes care to replicate its own database content. If you activate mysql replication on a ispconfig database, the the system will fail. ISPConfigs own replication mechanism is fault tolerant and can be used for high latencys as well, it supports also server outages of up to 30 days without sync problems.

Your current setup can not work for ispconfig, so please read the two multiserver guides again and install ispcofig accordingly.