Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 3rd October 2010, 23:36

Default Blank Page After SquirrelMail Login

Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 10.04) - Page 5

I've followed the above howto with no problems at all. Every test has worked as expected. SquirrelMail, however, produces a blank page. The URL is:

http://www.MYSERVER.com/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php

configtest.php produces the following:

Code:
SquirrelMail version:    1.4.20
Config file version:    1.4.0
Config file last modified:    03 October 2010 16:21:02
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.5 OK.
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 22527
    variables_order OK: GPCS.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: http://localhost/squirrelmail/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK (220 mail.cuttinej.com ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu))
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2008 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.
I see that the test reports no database functionality although I followed the instructions precisely.

Does anyone see anything here that might explain why I'm getting a blank page instead of seeing the mail?

Thanks,

Ed
Sponsored Links
Old 4th October 2010, 18:04
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

Please make sure that you introduced no PHP syntax error when you modified the config.php file of the change_sqlpass plugin.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 5th October 2010, 23:33

Hi falko,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. There were no errors in the php. I copied & pasted from the HowTo this time just to be sure.

While I was looking around for possible answers I discovered your HowTo for Fedora 13x64. Since I have virtually no experience with Debian & I prefer RedHat/Fedora anyway, I decided to try to set up the Fedora version. So far so good. I do have a few questions, but I'll post those under a new, appropriate thread.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 12th October 2010, 16:00

Default Solved my own problem (again)

After rebuilding the system on Fedora 13x64 I had the same problem. /etc/httpd/conf.d contains specific configurations for various modules & software. In this case, mod_ssl & squirrelmail. The problem is that apache loads the configurations in the order they are listed in the directory (i.e. alphabetically), so ssl.conf was loaded after squirrelmail.conf (which depends on mod_ssl). The fix is to rename ssl.conf to mod_ssl.conf. It is also necessary to change ServerName to your main (or vitual) server's name. In my specific environment it was also necessary to open up port 443 on my router & to forward port 443 to the server on my local network.

Ed
Old 15th October 2010, 05:12

I met this problem before. But the problem is resolved. I do follow all the tutorial, but can not log in, only blank page after login. What i did is added these 2 lines to /etc/squirrelmail/config.php

$plugins[0] = 'compatibility';
$plugins[1] = 'change_sqlpass';

I think it (The script "/usr/sbin/squirrelmail-configure" from squirrelmail 1.4.15) has a bug. It forgets to add those 2 plugins though I did do it.

Check the script yourself make sure it 's there.The problem will be gone.
Bye