Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 21st May 2010, 16:47

Default Roundcube installation and a domain created with ISPConfig3

Hi to everybody.
I've a server with ISPConfig 3.0.1.6
Until now I was using it as just mailserver and I was managing few domains, so I didn't use the Sites functionality of ISPConfig to manage it, but I've setup manually Apache (modifying the file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default).

Now I want to manage domains using ISPConfig, so I've created a website.
I had a look to this link http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...=redirect+path, so I've setup fast-cgi, I've created then a FTP user and I've update the roundcube folder in /var/www/domain.com/web/
The question is: if I don't want to install roundcube from the beginning, but just use the same installation that I was using till now, can I copy the /var/www/webmail folder in /var/www/domain.com/web????
I've tried to do it, but it's not working (The requested URL / was not found on this server).

Any suggestion?
Thanks
Michele
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:32

On my server, roundcube uses a database, you surely have to indicate the right database or migrate this one.
The "not found on this server" is not a roundcube problem in my opinion. Can you just create a index.html file in the /var/www/domain.com/web and see it on your browser ?
Old 24th May 2010, 10:16

yes I agree that the error is not coming from Roundcube... so probably I'm missing something...
Old 25th May 2010, 11:44

I'm quite confused...

According to this link: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...56&postcount=2 I've created a website, then a database in ISPConfig.
Since I would like to use the same roundcube installation of before, I've copied the roundcube folder in /var/www/domain.com/web/, then I've setup the file db.inc.php with the details of the database, but I still have as error:
Code:
Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
So it's definetely not a roundcube problem, but an issue with apache and ISPConfig...
Where am I wrong?

Thanks
Michele
Old 25th May 2010, 12:29
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,383 Times in 4,230 Posts

Looks like an issue with roundcube. Have you installed the roundcube that you used before from a debian package? Then it can not be copied to a website as it uses files in other directories. Better install a new roundcube version from tar.gz.

And you have been able to access this site before you installed roundcube?
Old 25th May 2010, 12:36

Hi till,
I've installed roundcube from a tar.gz package, but without the install file... just adding the sql file in the database and editing the config files.
It's working fine without the creation of a site from ISPconfig. (just editing apache manually).

Quote:
And you have been able to access this site before you installed roundcube?
same issue

Thanks
Michele