Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th April 2010, 20:27

Default The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.2 - ISPConfig3 doesn't create anything

I've successfully gone through the following howto, despite some errors in the material:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...64-ispconfig-3

Now everything is up and running, I can access the admin panel from everywhere, I can create resellers, I can create clients, so on, so forth. I get no error messages while performing any of these tasks.

Except... nothing actually happens. It seems to work in the admin panel, but when I create a new site, nothing actually gets created anywhere in the filesystem. No directories get created, nothing exists. I *think* the new site is supposed to get created in /srv/www/clients by default, but there is no /srv/www/clients directory. The name of the site I created is fpztest.com but there's nothing named *fpz* anywhere on my filesystem, despite the fact that the admin panel says everything worked fine.

I'm using ISPConfig 3.0.2.1 on opensuse 11.2 32bit. The ispconfig log file is empty.

Last edited by GoremanX; 8th April 2010 at 20:39.
Sponsored Links
Old 9th April 2010, 14:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

What's the output of
Code:
crontab -l
(run as root)?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 9th April 2010, 16:05

Wow, I really wish these replies came sooner. Must be because we're on different sides of the globe. In the time it takes for me to get a reply, I get frustrated and give up, and I move on to something else. I've since moved on to Virtualmin on Debian 5.0, which was inadequate for my needs, and then I went with ISPConfig3 on Debian 5, which is now working perfectly (after I've fixed a couple of simple issues unrelated to ISPConfig3).