Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st April 2010, 05:32

Default open_basedir restriction and wordpress

Hi Guys - I know this topic has come up before, but I have really struggled to find a solution in the archives!

I have a server runing ISPConfig 3.0.1.6, based on the perfect install guidelines for Fedora 12. It is a fresh install and I have set up a virtual host, which I have tested with static pages and php etc.

I have now tried to install a wordpress blog as a fresh install, and I get a completely blank page when trying to view it. Further investigation shows the following error in the log:

Quote:
[Thu Apr 01 04:12:47 2010] [warn] [client 10.39.2.11] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client5/web11) in /var/www/clients/client5/web11/web/index.php on line 18
[Thu Apr 01 04:12:47 2010] [warn] [client 10.39.2.11] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Can't load ./wp-blog-header.php, open_basedir restriction. in /var/www/clients/client5/web11/web/index.php on line 18
Can anyone suggest to me how to fix this? I have a feeling that there is a simple way to do it, but I have now lost several days trying to find a solution!

Many thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Old 1st April 2010, 20:45

This is a bit of a guess from Joomla!, but in the sites menu have you tried the various options regarding php? SuExec? phpmod?
Old 4th April 2010, 11:24
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

I recommend thyt you update your server to ispconfig 3.0.2.1. This version has a fiel open_basedir on the options tab of the website settings where you can specify a custom open_basedir path for every website.