Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 28th May 2009, 01:46

Default 403 on ISPconfig 3's admin pages

I've got ISPconfig 3 setup on CentOS 5.3 (I used the 5.2 tutorial on this site) the install went off without a hitch. But when ever I try to access ispconfig at my site (buttonhost.net:8080) I just get 403 forbidden and this in the apache error log:

(13)Permission denied: access to / denied

Permissions for /usr/local/ispconfig/web are 750:

drwxr-x--- 17 ispconfig ispconfig 4096 May 27 18:34 web

I tried changing them to 777 just for kicks and it didn't change anything. I did some search on this forum and didn't come across anything similar to this for ISPConfig 3, unless I missed it.

The only real configuration difference in my box and the how-to on this site is I'm using proftpd instead of pureftpd and dovecot instead of courier-imap. I also have X, imagemagick, dcraw and few other extras installed. But nothing that should really cork ISPConfig like this.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old 28th May 2009, 08:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,369 Times in 4,216 Posts

Both, proftpd and dovecot are not supported by ispconfig. But thats not the reason for your problem. Please make sure that you installed everything apache and php related and all apache modules exactly as decribed in the ispconfig 3 perfect setup.