Old 8th May 2009, 14:53

Default webalizer cron job not running

I happen to have a weird problem on one of my virtual machines with ispconfig 2. The webalizer statistics are not run. I can run the cron job manually and then it works fine and creates the stats, but it doesn't seem to get carried out by cron, the stats always remain at that date I last ran it manually. I added another cronjob and it got carried out, so cron is working.
This virtual machine is just a clone of other ispconfig installations where the webalizer script is running fine. So, it's a mystery to me why it doesn't run on this VM. Below is the complete crontab for root.
Any ideas?

19 18 * * * /etc/webmin/cron/tempdelete.pl
30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
#0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php
#/root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null
30 14 * * * touch /root/cron-ok
Sponsored Links
Old 9th May 2009, 13:51
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,577 Posts

Can you post the output of
Code:
env
?

Which distribution are you using?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:09

Hi Falko, I've been on vacation since then, so couldn't answer. I just resolved the issue. Your hint about ENV pointed in the right direction. I have replaced the default webalizer with a newer one that installed to /usr/local. That path is missing from $PATH when run by cron. I added a $PATH variable to the cron jobs and it is working now.
I did not notice the problem on the other VMs because I had not removed the original webalizer from them. So, from cron the original webalizer was run (fine) and manually the new webalizer was run (fine).