Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21st August 2005, 18:32
hgoor hgoor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Installation problem: PHP problem?

I followed this http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/perfect_setup_suse9_3/ setup thinghy to the letter, but I still ran into a problem installing ISPconfig.

It runs all the way but its stops with this message:

checking lex output file root... ./configure: line 2422: lex: command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
ERROR: Could not configure PHP

What is going wrong and how do I fix it?

Especially since I did a clean install of SUSE following that perfect setup tutorial...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 21st August 2005, 18:38
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,046
Thanks: 826
Thanked 5,384 Times in 4,231 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoor
I followed this http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/perfect_setup_suse9_3/ setup thinghy to the letter, but I still ran into a problem installing ISPconfig.

It runs all the way but its stops with this message:

checking lex output file root... ./configure: line 2422: lex: command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
ERROR: Could not configure PHP

What is going wrong and how do I fix it?

Especially since I did a clean install of SUSE following that perfect setup tutorial...
The program "lex" is missing to compile PHP. Install lex from your SuSE 9.3 installation media to fix this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21st August 2005, 19:55
hgoor hgoor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
The program "lex" is missing to compile PHP. Install lex from your SuSE 9.3 installation media to fix this.
Ah! Thanks for the tip. So I guess when you follow the install instructions from that website it's not complete? Obviously when you do a out-of-the box install of suse like the page tells you to do, SuSE does not default install this Lex?

I will let you know if this fixes the problem!

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21st August 2005, 20:14
hgoor hgoor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
The program "lex" is missing to compile PHP. Install lex from your SuSE 9.3 installation media to fix this.
Uhm, I have a small problem: when I search the packages from within yast, there is no program 'lex'

What is the full name if any?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21st August 2005, 20:50
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoor
Uhm, I have a small problem: when I search the packages from within yast, there is no program 'lex'

What is the full name if any?
The name is flex, and in the tutorial there's this line:
Code:
apt-get install findutils ncftp readline libgcc glibc-devel findutils-locate gcc flex lynx
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21st August 2005, 21:09
hgoor hgoor is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
The name is flex, and in the tutorial there's this line:
Code:
apt-get install findutils ncftp readline libgcc glibc-devel findutils-locate gcc flex lynx
OMG I now see what I did wrong! I just reviewed my history and see that I did copy & paste the whole line into konsole but missed the X in flex! That's why it wasn't installed

I'll let you know if this works!

ps: wouldn't it be possible to to write some script that does the whole thingy you describe in your otherwise perfect how-to?

PPS: I copy & pasted that line into a root konsole, and now I got this message:

*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***

do I need to worry about that? It did seem to have finished the rest though...

Last edited by hgoor; 21st August 2005 at 21:13.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21st August 2005, 21:34
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoor
PPS: I copy & pasted that line into a root konsole, and now I got this message:

*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***

do I need to worry about that? It did seem to have finished the rest though...
No, nothing to worry about.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cannot login via ssh after installation sone Installation/Configuration 40 2nd March 2007 17:29
[error] an unkown filter was not added: PHP Arien Installation/Configuration 12 7th October 2006 14:17
Cannot compile new PHP with apxs olli Installation/Configuration 11 4th March 2006 15:32
Installation Problem _InFeCtOr Installation/Configuration 5 8th August 2005 15:34
Apache + PHP lola Server Operation 1 25th April 2005 13:41


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.