Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 26th March 2006, 11:13

Default SystemImager howto make a dvd backup??

I've been all day long looking for a way to backup my Debian Sarge Perfect Install, and finaly I got to this site (great site, congratulations , but not very good looking smiles ) after I tryied norton ghost... well i almost tryed :P because i got to a website where they warnme to don`t try ghost on linux.

Well finally I installed Systemimager server on a VMWared Debian Sarge in my Windows XP, and the client on my Debian Sarge Perfect Install :P (thanks to howtoforge.com again ) but it doesn't fully cover my needs, because to restore my Debian Sarge per...(PolarBear) I need another Debian running.. and well what if something happends to the Image Server?...

So I'm in need of a way to backup my Debian Sarge system to DVDs or CD-ROMs, on a way so I don't need another PC to restore PolarBear

Is there a way to backup a full HDD or more than 1 HDD to a series of bootable CDs or DVDs? so there just need to boot the system from the CDs/DVDs and restore the hdds from them.
Sponsored Links