#1  
Old 8th April 2009, 07:13
bdonecker bdonecker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Unable to install ISPConfig

Hello,

I am following "The Perfect Server - CentOS 5.2" tutorial except I have CentOS 5.3 installed. I'm at the final steps of installing ISPConfig and when i attempt to run install.php I get the following errors before the install breaks:

Code:
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Linux Distribution of Version not recognized.
Is there any fix I can do to allow ISPConfig to install on CentOS 5.3?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 8th April 2009, 07:22
edge edge is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,033
Thanks: 261
Thanked 150 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Try this:

1) Run: rm -rf /tmp/trunk
2) Download ISPConfig3 again, and run the uninstall.php script (it's in the isntall folder to remove the failed install)
3) Run the install.php script.
__________________
Never execute code written on a Friday or a Monday.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edge For This Useful Post:
bamximustexaxdy8189 (17th June 2014)
  #3  
Old 8th April 2009, 08:13
fhawk fhawk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

edit /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php
find this:
Quote:
if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.2 (Final)')) {
$distname = 'CentOS';
$distver = '5.2';
$distid = 'centos52';
$distbaseid = 'fedora';
swriteln("Operating System: CentOS 5.2 or compatible\n");
}
change it:
Quote:
if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.3 (Final)')) {
$distname = 'CentOS';
$distver = '5.3';
$distid = 'centos52';
$distbaseid = 'fedora';
swriteln("Operating System: CentOS 5.3 or compatible\n");
}
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fhawk For This Useful Post:
bdonecker (8th April 2009)
  #4  
Old 8th April 2009, 16:21
bdonecker bdonecker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you, fhawk. That worked perfectly!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10th April 2009, 03:16
RomaSvcs RomaSvcs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver,BC
Posts: 20
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Installing ISPconfig3 (Centos5.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhawk View Post
edit /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php
find this:


change it:
After a clean (fresh) CentOS 5.3 install. Installing ISPConfig 3 failed.

The steps done were:
Download ISPConfig 3xxxx from
http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads.htm

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY*
yum update
yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
yum groupinstall 'Development Libraries'

# Disable the firewall:

system-config-securitylevel-tui


for Centos5.3:
i get an error because of the centos version.

edit ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php
find this:
Quote:
if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.2 (Final)')) {
$distname = 'CentOS';
$distver = '5.2';
$distid = 'centos52';
$distbaseid = 'fedora';
swriteln("Operating System: CentOS 5.2 or compatible\n");
}
add after:
Quote:
if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.3 (Final)')) {
$distname = 'CentOS';
$distver = '5.3';
$distid = 'centos53';
$distbaseid = 'fedora';
swriteln("Operating System: CentOS 5.3 or compatible\n");
}
then copy and rename
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/conf/centos52.conf.php
to
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/conf/centos53.conf.php

copy and rename
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/centos52.lib.php
to
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/centos53.lib.php

Now you can install it!!!
cd /ispconfig3_install/install
php -q install.php

after i got:

# answer all questions...
error:
Select language (en,de) [en]: enter
Installation mode (standard,expert) [standard]: enter
Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld []: server1.example.com
MySQL server hostname [localhost]: enter
MySQL root username [root]: enter
MySQL root password []: xxxxxxxxx
MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: enter
MySQL charset [utf8]: enter

ERROR: Unable to load SQL-Dump into database table.

I check if root can connect to mySQL Data Base:
mysql -h remote.host.tld -u root -p
mysql -h server1.example.com -u root -p

also root can connect using phpmyadmin.

I think the problem is @ : line 160
/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php

It can create the DB but not the ispconfig user or any tables in the ISPconfig DBase!

The options @ /tmp/trunk/install/options.conf.php need to be in an install script somehow ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10th April 2009, 03:37
fhawk fhawk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaSvcs View Post
After a clean (fresh) CentOS 5.3 install. Installing ISPConfig 3 failed.

The steps done were:
Download ISPConfig 3xxxx from
http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads.htm

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY*
yum update
yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
yum groupinstall 'Development Libraries'

# Disable the firewall:

system-config-securitylevel-tui


for Centos5.3:
i get an error because of the centos version.

edit ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php
find this:
Quote:
if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.2 (Final)')) {
$distname = 'CentOS';
$distver = '5.2';
$distid = 'centos52';
$distbaseid = 'fedora';
swriteln("Operating System: CentOS 5.2 or compatible\n");
}
add after:
Quote:
if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.3 (Final)')) {
$distname = 'CentOS';
$distver = '5.3';
$distid = 'centos53';
$distbaseid = 'fedora';
swriteln("Operating System: CentOS 5.3 or compatible\n");
}
then copy and rename
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/conf/centos52.conf.php
to
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/conf/centos53.conf.php

copy and rename
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/centos52.lib.php
to
ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/centos53.lib.php

Now you can install it!!!
cd /ispconfig3_install/install
php -q install.php

after i got:

# answer all questions...
error:
Select language (en,de) [en]: enter
Installation mode (standard,expert) [standard]: enter
Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld []: server1.example.com
MySQL server hostname [localhost]: enter
MySQL root username [root]: enter
MySQL root password []: xxxxxxxxx
MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: enter
MySQL charset [utf8]: enter

ERROR: Unable to load SQL-Dump into database table.

I check if root can connect to mySQL Data Base:
mysql -h remote.host.tld -u root -p
mysql -h server1.example.com -u root -p

also root can connect using phpmyadmin.

I think the problem is @ : line 160
/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php

It can create the DB but not the ispconfig user or any tables in the ISPconfig DBase!

The options @ /tmp/trunk/install/options.conf.php need to be in an install script somehow ?

Thanks
Do you disable SELinux???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fhawk For This Useful Post:
RomaSvcs (4th May 2009)
  #7  
Old 10th April 2009, 03:40
fhawk fhawk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se....2-ispconfig-3
Look this!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fhawk For This Useful Post:
RomaSvcs (4th May 2009)
  #8  
Old 10th April 2009, 03:40
RomaSvcs RomaSvcs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver,BC
Posts: 20
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool ISPconfig 3 (centos 5.3) ERROR: Unable to load SQL-Dump into database table.

Yes it is disabled since the begining!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Debian 5.0 -ISPConfig 3 install - Unable to connect to mysql server anushanw Installation/Configuration 6 24th November 2013 17:41
Frustrated with ISPConfig Install V2.2.29 bcaza Installation/Configuration 16 10th March 2009 10:39
ISPConfig installation into multiple OpenVZ containers letezo Installation/Configuration 11 3rd March 2009 22:47
Recommended install for Plone on an ISPConfig server? antun Installation/Configuration 3 12th January 2008 17:31
ISPConfig install error: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work... mlanglois Installation/Configuration 9 13th July 2006 14:56


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.