Old 6th April 2009, 15:56

Default Spamassassin

Hi There,

I've recently installed ispc3 following the perfect server howto (lenny) and although not every part of the new panel strikes me as absolutely logical or intuitive it seems to be working quite nicely. My only trouble with the whole setup is this: What do all those spamsettings/policies do ? Is there any documentation on those settings ?

And secondly, I'm not sure whether spamassassin is doing anything or where I should change/add header insertions. I had headers like X-Spam-Level and X-Spam-Score in every e-mail delivered to my older ispc2 system. No such headers are inserted on the new ispc3 system though.

How or where is ispc3 configged to do anything and especially anti-spam tools ?

other than that.. great work guys!

cheers,
Michel
Sponsored Links
Old 7th April 2009, 08:49

Send a message via Yahoo to robilaur

Well.... u shoul use the "normal" policy for anti-spam..... and so the spam dont get throught u shoul do this...

edit /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user

locate $final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;

change it to : $final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;

then restart amavis : /etc/init.d/amavis restart

i think that should do the trick

Hope it helps

Robert
Old 7th April 2009, 11:25

thank you robilaur.

Though I'm actually not looking for instructions on how to discard any spam.
What I am looking for is some documentation or explanation on what is configured by ispconfig so I can change that if it doesn't work.

I've done some testing yesterday and it seems anti-spam tools are working as long as they are policies on e-mail domains. I was trying to force policies onto e-mail boxes. The latter just doesn't work. Changing the spam policy to not filtering at all on a box has no effect either when a domain is filtered. Quite annoying since that way it's more or less impossible (at least through the ispc system) to non-filter a postmaster or root account on a domain that's filtered.