Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 19th March 2009, 17:00

Unhappy ISPconfig3 - Installation Problem

Hey, I'm back again.

4th time attempting to get ISPconfig of some type working on a server, not sure what I've done this time. (however I didn't find a howto on here for it) I followed the install guide off the ISPconfig website. http://www.ispconfig.org/docs/INSTALL_UBUNTU_8.10.txt

I haven't got past the part after installing ISPConfig3 as I couldn't resolve the hostnameort so I started mucking with the server and found the following. The only problem is I don't know how to fix it.

Code:
root@ritzphoto:/var/www# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
 * Restarting web server apache2                                                Syntax error on line 15 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.vhost:
Invalid command 'SuexecUserGroup', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
Sponsored Links
Old 19th March 2009, 17:27

Well it was a simple fix in the end.

I hadn't enabled suexec.

Code:
a2enmod suexec