Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st March 2009, 11:34

Default Suggested Additions to Installation Instructions for ISPConfig 3 RC2 on Debian Lenny

I have just installed ISPConfig 3 RC2 on Debian Lenny (5.0) and am in the process of setting up a few test domains, emails etc. so I can learn how everything works.

There are a couple of things I think would be good to add to the installation instructions:

Setting up quotas in the /etc/fstab file - the quota package gets installed but there is no mention of adding it to the fstab file or turning it on.

I also think it might be worth mentioning that in the /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user file the setting for $final_spam_destiny should be changed to D_PASS as I found as I started to test the spam filters and apply different policies to a test email account I would lose many emails rather than have them delivered with ****spam**** added to the subject.

So far the only thing that I have had to spend more than five minutes looking in to is the missing spam emails as everything else seems to work exactly as I thought it would which is great.

Last edited by kerrsmith; 1st March 2009 at 11:38.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kerrsmith For This Useful Post:
falko (2nd March 2009), till (1st March 2009)
Sponsored Links