Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th November 2008, 14:49

Default OpenQRM Intergration with ISPC3

Hi guys, ive been looking at ispconfig for a wile now and i want to use it in the management and provision of a saas/website system application that im developing.

What i think would take ISP Config to a new level and would become a real contender to compete with companies like parallels on the management and provisioning front would be to integrate with OpenQRM as a OpenQRM service or plugin.

What do you guys think about this type of integration?

OpenQRM is undoubtedly the number 1 datacenter management, monitoring and provisioning application for the network, dhcp, servers/virtual servers and advanced storage like iScsi or AoE with isp config managing the application on these servers like apache, ftp, email, mysql, also your customers and plans and so own.
The two working together in synergy would give the first complete opensource solution to run an advanced hosting/Saas company with redundancy for everything from the begining.

Last edited by morraine; 12th November 2008 at 14:53.
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:32

Hi guys, just to let you know that i submitted ISPConfig 3 for integration with OpenQRM as a feature request with the OpenQRM team.

Ive just got nothing but positive feedback for this integration from them and they will be putting it into there road map to do as they have no other front end, ISP type app fully integrated with openqrm.

There are about 30 full time programmers at openqrm so they will look to do this in the new year.

When this happens this will be the first and best open source hosting application available that will put many commercial apps to shame.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:45

OpenQRM looks pretty promising.
Old 22nd April 2009, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordspace View Post

OpenQRM looks pretty promising.
Open QRM is pretty awesome for open source. i've got it running on three dev servers!
Old 20th August 2010, 23:14

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by morraine View Post
Hi guys, just to let you know that i submitted ISPConfig 3 for integration with OpenQRM as a feature request with the OpenQRM team.

Ive just got nothing but positive feedback for this integration from them and they will be putting it into there road map to do as they have no other front end, ISP type app fully integrated with openqrm.

There are about 30 full time programmers at openqrm so they will look to do this in the new year.

When this happens this will be the first and best open source hosting application available that will put many commercial apps to shame.
BUMP: I've been looking at this for a while and was wondering if there is any updates on this integration? I'm trying to get openqrm running and would like to see the integration with ISP3 as well.
Old 21st August 2010, 17:23
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

To be honest, we've never worked with OpenQRM (I've tried it once, but couldn't get it to work), and I think integration with ISPConfig will be difficult, especially as ISPConfig does lots of the things OpenQRM does. I think there are other things we should concentrate on first (especially because we don't have endless resources).

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 21st August 2010, 20:04
ISPConfig Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
...and I think integration with ISPConfig will be difficult, especially as ISPConfig does lots of the things OpenQRM does. I think there are other things we should concentrate on first (especially because we don't have endless resources).
i agree ;-)

Firma : http://www.muv.com, http://www.computerandservice.de
Privat : http://www.vogelor.de
Old 21st August 2010, 23:57

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
To be honest, we've never worked with OpenQRM (I've tried it once, but couldn't get it to work), and I think integration with ISPConfig will be difficult, especially as ISPConfig does lots of the things OpenQRM does. I think there are other things we should concentrate on first (especially because we don't have endless resources).
hmm, thats too bad to hear I must say. I would have thought integration into a cloud management system would have been a tremendous asset for ISP3.
Oh well I've got my openqrm servers up and running so I'll figure the rest out myself from this point.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
Old 22nd August 2010, 10:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,264 Times in 4,128 Posts

ISPConfig 3 can already be used as a cloud management system (see latest multi server tutorials abd cloud tutorials) for web, mail and DNS servers and with 3.0.4 release we will add management abilities for virtual machines as well. ISPConfig will then have the virtual machine functions on its own plus all the other ISP related functions so it does not make sense to integreate it in openqrm.