Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th October 2008, 23:54

Default Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail -Ubuntu 8.04

Hi all.
I have 2 questions:
Has anyone tried this guide (http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-us...ail-ubuntu8.04)? I follow it step by step but it didnt work for me, it seems that user mail directories were created in /home/vmail/ even if i use mailx as shown in this guide.

The other question is if it's possible to replace Squirrelmail with roundcube and if anyone can give me any infos how to do it.

Thx in advanced.
Cya all
Sponsored Links
Old 15th October 2008, 02:15

I haven't tried this particular howto but I am running the exact system you want using webmin and virtualmin and it was a breeze to setup.
Old 15th October 2008, 09:51

Esiste una guida seguita da te?

A me piacerebbe impostare un mail server con Postfix+Mysql Quota per creare virtual users and domains, Courier e Roundcube ma non so da che parte partire. La guida citata nel mio primo post, l'ho provata e non funziona. Inoltre, cercando nel forum, ho visto che molti altri utenti hanno proprio problemi perchè ci potrebbero essere degli errori.

Resto in attesa,
ciao
Old 15th October 2008, 15:26
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluh View Post
it seems that user mail directories were created in /home/vmail/
There's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluh View Post
The other question is if it's possible to replace Squirrelmail with roundcube and if anyone can give me any infos how to do it.
Haven't tried Roundcube so I can't help here.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 15th October 2008, 15:41

Oh sorry, i answered in italian. I'll translate it asap. When i answered i was on two forums at the same time and i made confusion with the language. I'm sorry to all