#1  
Old 29th January 2006, 21:47
protocol protocol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Suse 10.0 Installation Problems

Hello all. In the past i have installed the previous version of ISPConfig on Suse 10.0 machines, by following the related 'Perfect Setup' Guides.

On this particular machine, two things have changed. The first one is that now we have this new ISPConfig version (which i have never tested in the past) and the machine has a software raid configuration. These may not be related to the problems i will report, but i mention them for your information.

So the problems are:

a) I fail to run the
Code:
quotaon -avug
, because it reports that

Code:
quotaon: using //aquota.group on /dev/md0 [/]: Invalid argument
quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?
quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/md0 [/]: Invalid argument
quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?
which i have no idea what it is.

My /etc/fstab file is :

Code:
/dev/md0             /                    reiserfs   acl,user_xattri,usrquota,grpquota        1 1
/dev/md1             swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
/dev/cdrecorder      /media/cdrecorder    subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs      noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0

b) Ultimately, ISPConfig fails to install at all, with this error:

Code:
checking for 8-bit clean memcmp... yes
checking for mcrypt support... no
checking for MCVE support... no
checking OpenSSL dir for MCVE... no
checking for mhash support... no
checking whether to include mime_magic support... no
checking for MING support... no
checking for mnoGoSearch support... no
checking for msession support... no
checking for mSQL support... no
checking for MSSQL support via FreeTDS... no
checking for MySQL support... yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... no
configure: error: Cannot find libmysqlclient under /usr.
Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore.
ERROR: Could not configure PHP
cd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/aps.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/spamassassin.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/uudeview.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/clamav.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronolog': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronosplit': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/ispconfig_tcpserver': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/zip': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/unzip': No such file or directory
tar: spamassassin.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv: cannot stat `spamassassin': No such file or directory
tar: uudeview.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv: cannot stat `uudeview': No such file or directory
tar: clamav.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv: cannot stat `clamav': No such file or directory
tar: aps.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
./setup2: line 771: ispconfig_tmp/php/bin/php: No such file or directory
ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system! The installation routine stops here!
.. which seems to mean that ISPConfig can not find my mysql installation and thus configure php properly, which is very strange because MySQL is really there. Here is my netstat output:

HTML Code:
gateway:/usr/local/src # netstat -tap  
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name   
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      7340/mysqld         
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN      6001/portmap        
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN      6253/proftpd: (acce 
tcp        0      0 *:ipp                   *:*                     LISTEN      6184/cupsd          
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN      6500/master         
tcp        0      0 *:rockwell-csp2         *:*                     LISTEN      6264/sshd           
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN      6500/master
So, what is happening? I was very confident that everything would function properly, that i am very sad about this mess. Please help.

Panos
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 29th January 2006, 22:02
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,003
Thanks: 825
Thanked 5,376 Times in 4,223 Posts
Default

to a) did you chose reiserfs on your other servers? ReiserFS is known to have problems with Quota.

to b) Please install the mysql-dev package from SuSe.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29th January 2006, 22:04
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol
a) I fail to run the
Code:
quotaon -avug
, because it reports that

Code:
quotaon: using //aquota.group on /dev/md0 [/]: Invalid argument
quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?
quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/md0 [/]: Invalid argument
quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?
which i have no idea what it is.

My /etc/fstab file is :

Code:
/dev/md0             /                    reiserfs   acl,user_xattri,usrquota,grpquota        1 1
/dev/md1             swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
/dev/cdrecorder      /media/cdrecorder    subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs      noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
Quota doesn't work properly on reiserfs. You should use ext3 instead.


Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol
b) Ultimately, ISPConfig fails to install at all, with this error:

Code:
checking for 8-bit clean memcmp... yes
checking for mcrypt support... no
checking for MCVE support... no
checking OpenSSL dir for MCVE... no
checking for mhash support... no
checking whether to include mime_magic support... no
checking for MING support... no
checking for mnoGoSearch support... no
checking for msession support... no
checking for mSQL support... no
checking for MSSQL support via FreeTDS... no
checking for MySQL support... yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... no
configure: error: Cannot find libmysqlclient under /usr.
Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore.
ERROR: Could not configure PHP
cd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/aps.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/spamassassin.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/uudeview.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/clamav.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronolog': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronosplit': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/ispconfig_tcpserver': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/zip': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `binaries/unzip': No such file or directory
tar: spamassassin.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv: cannot stat `spamassassin': No such file or directory
tar: uudeview.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv: cannot stat `uudeview': No such file or directory
tar: clamav.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv: cannot stat `clamav': No such file or directory
tar: aps.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
./setup2: line 771: ispconfig_tmp/php/bin/php: No such file or directory
ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system! The installation routine stops here!
Please install all the MySQL packages mentioned on http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_suse_10.0_p4:
Code:
yast -i mysql mysql-client mysql-shared perl-DBD-mysql perl-DBI perl-Data-ShowTable mysql-devel
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29th January 2006, 23:56
protocol protocol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you for replying. However:
a) The other servers had reiserfs as well. I will take note of your recomendation for not using reiserfs in the future.
b) The mysql-dev package (actually, mysql-devel for Suse) is already installed. ISPConfig still reports the same error.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30th January 2006, 08:02
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,003
Thanks: 825
Thanked 5,376 Times in 4,223 Posts
Default

Is your server operating system 32Bit linux or 64Bit linux?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30th January 2006, 16:18
protocol protocol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It is 32bit. So where the ones that i have used in the past. Does it matter?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30th January 2006, 18:53
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol
It is 32bit. So where the ones that i have used in the past. Does it matter?
Yes, there are differences between 32- and 64-bit systems. The tutorial was written for 32-bit systems.

Can you just try and run this command:

Code:
yast -i mysql mysql-client mysql-shared perl-DBD-mysql perl-DBI perl-Data-ShowTable mysql-devel
What does it report?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1st February 2006, 12:44
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol
It is 32bit. So where the ones that i have used in the past. Does it matter?
You said it's a 32-bit system. Now I see this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol
desk:/usr/x86_64-suse-linux # nmap localhost
So I think it's a 64-bit system. To go sure, please post the output of
Code:
uname -m
If it is a 64-bit system, then this thread is for you: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1626
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISP Config Installation on Suse 9.3 gimhan90 Installation/Configuration 5 20th January 2006 10:24
Installation failure Suse 10 x86_64 beholder Installation/Configuration 4 19th January 2006 07:09
The Perfect Setup Suse 9.3 - Postfix problems new_bee05 HOWTO-Related Questions 20 25th November 2005 02:30
Upgrading from SUSE 9.3 to 10.0 dlplnx Installation/Configuration 1 6th October 2005 10:37
Problems getting through the installation klausagnoletti Installation/Configuration 4 26th September 2005 12:23


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.