Old 24th January 2006, 14:09

Default Static Routing Question

Hi,

Probably just me being daft but I can't see how set the static route when you have mutiple NIC's in a machine.

Been enjoying getting to know FC4 and have just had one interface as standard but I would like to use it as a router so have re-installed from fresh with 3 NIC's in.

In Anaconda you can set the interfaces to be active and whether DHCP or not but you can't set the gateway or DNS address's.

So thinking that it should be a breeze to just edit the config files when I get it installed... its now installed..... having a look about the 'net there would appear that the files that could be used are missing /etc/sysconfig/network for one seems to keep cropping up as the appropriate file to alter.

Can I just create the file or is there something else that I need to edit that my search so far hasn't turned up?

Cheers!

AB
Sponsored Links
Old 24th January 2006, 17:49

OK.. I'm being a muppet, the network file is there...

edited /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and added a gateway entry into there:

GATEWAY=192.168.77.1

Restarted networking and its working OK now... muppet