Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th April 2008, 19:22

Default The dreaded OpenSuse/Postfix issue

Hi all,

I've been searching these forums quite a lot in the last 6 months to do with the postfix issue most people using OpenSuse (10.2) have had where postmap is not rebuilding /etc/postfix/virtusertable.db when email address and password changes are made.

The one thing that did seem to solve my problem for a while was setting the MTA to and back from postfix to sendmail to postfix, but it seems to no longer solve the issue after upping to 2.2.19 to 2.2.21. This is an on and off problem and generally only rears it's head when a client phones me about missing emails! Sure enough, dig in the logs and its the virtusertable.db

Today while browsing the Howtoforge main pages I skimmed through the newbie's guide to ISPConfig and saw the mention of /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.php.inc and thought i'd check it out. Lo and behold...

99: $go_info["server"]["postfix_config"] = 1; // 1 = SENDMAIL-STYLE, 2 = POSTFIX-STYLE

Should this not be set to 2? Is this possibly the issue?

I checked with it set to both settings and in the frontend config it has no effect on the MTA type selection...
Sponsored Links
Old 11th April 2008, 21:46
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,264 Times in 4,128 Posts

Quote:
Should this not be set to 2? Is this possibly the issue?
Postfix supports both styles equally, so I'am pretty sure that this is not the issue. But you can try it. I'am running several servers with postfix in sendmail style configuration for years without any problems, but I did not use SuSE as it causes too many problems and instabilitys in my opinion for a production system.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:35

yeah, after using it for a while I'd have to agree completely regarding your comment about OpenSuse - don't use it.

I'll let everyone know if this does have any effect on the problem - holding thumbs