Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24th January 2006, 13:01
gimhan90 gimhan90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 139
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The Perfect Setup - SUSE 9.3/Install apt For SUSE PROBLEM

Hi folks,

when i followed the instructions to install apt for Suse 9.3 , following error was arised.

u93254144:/etc # rpm -ivh ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm
Retrieving ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm
error: skipping ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error


Pls help to resove this.

Thx in advance,
gimhan
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 24th January 2006, 13:08
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,717
Thanks: 820
Thanked 5,322 Times in 4,175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimhan90
Hi folks,

when i followed the instructions to install apt for Suse 9.3 , following error was arised.

u93254144:/etc # rpm -ivh ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm
Retrieving ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm
error: skipping ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error


Pls help to resove this.

Thx in advance,
gimhan

Try this command and URL:

Code:
rpm -ivh ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.3-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos/apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0.i586.rpm
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24th January 2006, 13:19
gimhan90 gimhan90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 139
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Try this command and URL:

Code:
rpm -ivh ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.3-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos/apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0.i586.rpm

Results

rpm -ivh ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm

Retrieving ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt...3.rb0.i586.rpm

warning: /var/tmp/rpm-xfer.pqJ8KI: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 8c9b4b0d
error: Failed dependencies:
librpm-4.1.so is needed by apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0
librpmdb-4.1.so is needed by apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0
librpmio-4.1.so is needed by apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0




Is this error or ...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24th January 2006, 13:24
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,717
Thanks: 820
Thanked 5,322 Times in 4,175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimhan90
error: Failed dependencies:
librpm-4.1.so is needed by apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0
librpmdb-4.1.so is needed by apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0
librpmio-4.1.so is needed by apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0[/I]
This means you will have to install the packages mentioned in failed dependencies first.

You can follw the tutorial even without installing and using debian. If you get a line like:

apt-get install package1 package2 package3

replace it with:

yast -i package1 package2 package3

The SuSe 10 perfect setup howto I've written uses this approach.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24th January 2006, 14:09
gimhan90 gimhan90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 139
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
This means you will have to install the packages mentioned in failed dependencies first.

You can follw the tutorial even without installing and using debian. If you get a line like:

apt-get install package1 package2 package3

replace it with:

yast -i package1 package2 package3

The SuSe 10 perfect setup howto I've written uses this approach.

Hi i found the error of the command.

9.3-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos.
Here i forgot to tell u , i am using x86_64/server .
So i think i need to find the exact path of the apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0.i586.rpm.

If u do know the path . pls let me know. Thx for u r KIND HELP.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th January 2006, 19:12
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,717
Thanks: 820
Thanked 5,322 Times in 4,175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimhan90
9.3-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos.
Here i forgot to tell u , i am using x86_64/server .
So i think i need to find the exact path of the apt-libs-0.5.15cnc7-0.suse093.rb0.i586.rpm.
Either you find the 64Bit RPM for apt and the 64Bit RPM repositories or you use yast instaed of apt as i posted above.

The yast solution might be easier. The howto was written for 32 bit linux.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there also a Perfect Setup for SuSE 9.1 bluegrass Installation/Configuration 7 18th January 2006 17:16
The Perfect Setup - SUSE 9.3 (firewall?!) bogdinator HOWTO-Related Questions 7 12th December 2005 12:31
The Perfect Setup Suse 9.3 - Postfix problems new_bee05 HOWTO-Related Questions 20 25th November 2005 02:30
PEAR Support with Perfect Setup SuSE 9.3 SidSkiba Installation/Configuration 8 31st August 2005 08:42
MYSQL and the perfect setup 9.2 Suse pkfrizzlefry HOWTO-Related Questions 7 21st May 2005 20:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.