Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th March 2008, 18:09

Default OpenLDAP + Samba Domain Controller On Ubuntu 7.10

Hi I'm at step 7 and get the following error can anyone shed some light on how to fix my issue... thank you

anduril:/etc/smbldap-tools# smbldap-populate -u 30000 -g 30000
Populating LDAP directory for domain anduril (S-1-5-21-1351355136-4248403401-1012834831)
(using builtin directory structure)

entry dc=anduril,dc=hufsd already exist.
adding new entry: ou=Users,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 3.
adding new entry: ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 4.
adding new entry: ou=Computers,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 5.
adding new entry: ou=Users,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 6.
adding new entry: uid=root,ou=Users,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 7.
adding new entry: uid=nobody,ou=Users,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 8.
adding new entry: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 9.
adding new entry: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 10.
adding new entry: cn=Domain Guests,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 11.
adding new entry: cn=Domain Computers,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 12.
adding new entry: cn=Administrators,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 16.
adding new entry: cn=Account Operators,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 18.
adding new entry: cn=Print Operators,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 19.
adding new entry: cn=Backup Operators,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 20.
adding new entry: cn=Replicators,ou=Groups,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 21.
adding new entry: sambaDomainName=anduril,dc=anduril,dc=hufsd
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495, <GEN1> line 21.

Please provide a password for the domain root:
/usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd: user root doesn't exist
anduril:/etc/smbldap-tools#
Sponsored Links
Old 6th March 2008, 20:41

SOLVED

I just had to give the user "admin" the correct password
Old 17th March 2008, 15:17

bootzcat, I have the same problem :/
How did you exactly correct this? Is 'admin' the system user?

Appeciate your help, I really need to get this done :/
Old 18th March 2008, 13:33

Make sure Step 2 and the following have the same password... and recheck the config files reguarding these instructions to make sure the password is the same throughout. If this doesn't help please post your output of smbldap-populate, it maybe something else...

# Give SAMBA the "admin" password to the LDAP tree.
smbpasswd -w 12345
Old 18th March 2008, 19:28

bootzcat, thanks for your respond. Finally I got this done ... but now, when reached end of the howto ... I can't join the domain with the WinXP (step 14)

I'm doing as it is in the howto, set the domain, hit 'OK', small window appears, enter 'root' and password and ... after a while I receive "Network path was not found" message :/

Did you have something like this? :/ I couldn't find anything useful in the logs, maybe I set something wrong in the configuration ... but everything seems to be ok. Just what is the "network path" according to Samba PDC ? :/
Old 18th March 2008, 20:16

ok, one next step done...
Network path is found, but the last problem (I think), when I trying to log as 'root' it returns that can't find username and in /var/log/samba/log.client-winxp the following entry is logged

Quote:
[2008/03/18 18:57:46, 0] passdb/pdb_interface.cdb_default_create_user(329)
_samr_create_user: Running the command `/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "client-winxp$"' gave 9
when I invoke the command manually I get this:
Quote:
host# /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "client-winxp$"
/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd: user client-winxp$ exists
What's interesting that when I'm logging as anyone else or give 'root' incorect password it returns 'incorrect users/password', so it seems that 'root' is authorized correctly, but somehow is dropped at some kind of next stage ...