Old 29th July 2005, 07:50

Default apt problems

I had suse 64 installed and it would install apt due to dependendicies. I installed the whole thing just like you said. I then installed the 32 bit version and it installed the libraries with yast but will not install the mail file. Any ideas what could be going on. Yast when i download the file just pops up and then back down. When i manually try to do it it manually at command it tells me user richard does not exist a bunch of times then gives me the hash to 100 % then user richard doesnt again a few more times. I have no clue what is going on. I have tried all of your guides and nothing has worked because i cannot seem to get apt to work and yum doesnt have everythin (uwas using fedora 64.) I assume some of the problems stem from the 64 bit version not having all the same shit? All your help is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th July 2005, 11:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

I can only guess but maybe it's because the apt rpms for SuSE are only for i386, not for x86_64. And I think that not all packages that are available for i386 via apt are also available for x86_64...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: