Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th November 2005, 00:33

Default eGroupWare Install

I just reinstalled ISPConfig using the Ubuntu "Breezy" how to. Now I want to install eGroupWare. I had tried this before using the Ubuntu "Hoary" setup that I had, but I messed with some configuration files and it didn't work so I started from scratch, following the How To to the letter.

I can log into ISPConfig, I have installed phpmyadmin and can look at the database. I have created a web, created a web administrator, and two email users. I can receive email with a pop 3/smtp client, I have a problem sending which I will start another thread on. I have created another database and db user with password. When I point my browser to www.myurl.com the default ispconfig index.html page is displayed. Obviously when I point my browser to https://www.myurl.com:81 I get the ispconfig login page.

Now on to eGroupWare. As the user "root" I used wget to download the tar file from sourceforge into my /tmp directory. I then:

cd /var/www/web1/web

This directory contains the "error" directory and index.html and nothing else. I use the command:

tar xjvf /tmp/eGroupWare-1.2RC3-1.tar.bz2

and the tar is unpacked into the "egroupware" directory. Now the directory structure looks like:

/var/www/web1/web/egroupware

The file had an owner of "chuck" and a group of "chuck" (me), so I:

chown -R web1_chuck:web1 egroupware

this ownership matches that of the "web" directory and the "error" directory underneath "web".

Under the egroupware directory there are lots of files and other directories. The most important at this point is the:

egroupware/setup

directory. It's owner now is "web1_chuck" and group is "web1" and the permissions are read/write/execute for user and group, read/execute for other. To install eGroupWare the instructions state to unpack the tar file to your web "root" directory, then point your browser to:

http://www.myurl.com/egroupware/setup/

When I do this I get a http 500 internal server error. Additionally when I log in as the adminstrator for my web (not the adminstrator of ispconfig) and go to the "Web-ftp" button and login in as "web1_chuck" there are error messages displayed in the right frame of the page. When I delete the egroupware directory the error messages go away and ispconfig acts normally.

Please advise me as to what I should look at to get this going.

Thanks in advance

Chuck Rudolphy
Sponsored Links
Old 29th November 2005, 01:55
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts

Is there maybe a .htaccess file in egroupware/setup/ or in egroupware/?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 29th November 2005, 06:28

Question .htaccess file in eGroupWare and Error Messages in ISPConfig

To answer your question yes there is one .htaccess file in eGroupware. The structure is:

/var/www/web1/web/egroupware/.htaccess

it's permissions are user rw all others just r and it's owner is web1_chuck and group is web1.

The contents of the file are:

#
#Set
#
#AllowOverRide FileInfo
#
#To enable parsing off this file
#
php_value memory_limit 32M
php_value max_execution_time 60
php_flag register_globals Off
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
php_flag magic_quotes_runtime Off
#settings for the file upload, you might increase them further
php_value upload_max_filesize 16M
#session handling: now the check for expired sessions is done on every 10th session creation
php_flag session.use_trans_sid Off
php_value session.gc_probability 1
php_value session.gc_divisor 10
#multibyte extension: needed for utf-8
php_value mbstring.func_overload 7

As I stated in my last post when I (chuck not admin) log into ISPconfig to manage my web and I go to the WEB-FTP section and login as "web1_chuck" the page is divided into two frames. The left frame has the file structure tree which is displayed correctly the right side of the frame displays the following errors:

Warning: main(weblibmodule.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 238

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'weblibmodule.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 238

Warning: go_api::uses(ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php) [function.uses]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 126

Warning: go_api::uses() [function.include]: Failed opening 'ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 126

Fatal error: Class 'isp_web' not found in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 127

If I delete the eGroupWare directory from the web, ISPConfig behaves normally and does not display these errors.

I greatly appreciate your quick response to the original post. Thanks loads for your help.

Chuck Rudolphy
Old 29th November 2005, 10:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudolphy
To answer your question yes there is one .htaccess file in eGroupware. The structure is:

/var/www/web1/web/egroupware/.htaccess

it's permissions are user rw all others just r and it's owner is web1_chuck and group is web1.
Please rename that file, e.g. to _htaccess:

Code:
mv /var/www/web1/web/egroupware/.htaccess /var/www/web1/web/egroupware/_htaccess
and check if you still get the 500 error.

Old 29th November 2005, 14:52

Cool Partially Fixed

By renaming the .htaccess file to _htaccess I no longer get the http500 server error and when I point my browser I get the desired page.

However in ISPconfig when I log into "WEB-FTP" module in the right frame of the page I still have the following:

Warning: main(weblibmodule.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 238

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'weblibmodule.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 238

Warning: go_api::uses(ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php) [function.uses]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 126

Warning: go_api::uses() [function.include]: Failed opening 'ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 126

Fatal error: Class 'isp_web' not found in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/session.inc.php on line 127

And now additionally above this where the icons were I now have the following:

How can we fix this

I also have another question. Why did I have to rename the file from .htaccess to _htaccess? I know that apache uses .htaccess files for authorization in combination with .htpasswd files for authentication. Why doesn't this installation (with ISPConfig) like that?

Again thanks for your help

Chuck
Old 29th November 2005, 15:51
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudolphy

How can we fix this
Maybe youve read some of the other threads about this issue. Currently none of the developers can reproduce this and there is no reference to the missing file in the sources at all.

Quote:
I also have another question. Why did I have to rename the file from .htaccess to _htaccess? I know that apache uses .htaccess files for authorization in combination with .htpasswd files for authentication. Why doesn't this installation (with ISPConfig) like that?
This has nothing to do with ISPCOnfig. ISPConfig supports .htaccess file. In most cases there are some apache modules missing or the .htaccess file wants to set permissions that are not allowed for .htaccess files. You may have a look at the permissions granted to .htaccess files in your httpd.conf.

Last edited by till; 29th November 2005 at 15:55.
Old 29th July 2006, 05:05

Hi
After changing the .htaccess in the egroupware dir, I can browse the nmat.info/egroupware
However, in the nmat.info/egroupware/setup the same problem occured and I checked the nmat.info/egroupware/setup dir... no .htaccess file there.
How can I change it? Is is the same proble?
Please help me
THanks
Old 30th July 2006, 14:37
Super Moderator

I just browsed your site, and when I go to http://www.nmat.info/egroupware/setup/ I get this:

Quote:
Warning: require(../phpgwapi/inc/common_functions.inc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nmat/public_html/egroupware/setup/inc/functions.inc.php on line 47

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../phpgwapi/inc/common_functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nmat/public_html/egroupware/setup/inc/functions.inc.php on line 47
So I went to the phpgwapi directory and found there's no inc directory in it, just a js directory. So it seems there are files missing. Please check your eGroupware sources.

Old 31st July 2006, 09:25

Hi
When I browse the http://www.nmat.info/egroupware/setup/ it still not accessible again. Please help me to check it
Thanks
Old 1st August 2006, 13:00
Super Moderator

Did you read my previous post?