Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 25th November 2005, 12:38

Default ./install doesn't create database

For some reason the 2 installations --in Debian 3.1-- doesn't created the ISPConfig database.

In the second installation I've created the database manually, but after the installation the database was empty.

I've seen the user (root) and password correct in the configuration file (/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/config.inc.php).

I've located the db_ispconfig.sql file in the tarball (ISPConfig-2.1.1.tar.gz). I've manually filled up the database:

$ mysql -u root -p ipcdb < db_ispconfig.sql
Enter password:

Seems that ISP Config works, but is possible that come up some problem because the ./install process can't filled up the database?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 25th November 2005, 15:23
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,496 Times in 4,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjami
For some reason the 2 installations --in Debian 3.1-- doesn't created the ISPConfig database.

In the second installation I've created the database manually, but after the installation the database was empty.
Dont create the database manually! The installer will fail.

Quote:
I've seen the user (root) and password correct in the configuration file (/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/config.inc.php).

I've located the db_ispconfig.sql file in the tarball (ISPConfig-2.1.1.tar.gz). I've manually filled up the database:

$ mysql -u root -p ipcdb < db_ispconfig.sql
Enter password:

Seems that ISP Config works, but is possible that come up some problem because the ./install process can't filled up the database?
If you filled the database in manually, ISPConfig wont work because all the system specific settings are missing.

You will have to uninstall ISPConfig and run the installer again. Have a look in the ispconfig_install.log in the directory /var/log if there are any errors.
Old 25th November 2005, 17:53
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,577 Posts

As Till said, don't install the database manually.

Have a look here to find out how to configure your system and prepare it for ISPConfig:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_sarge
http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm

There's a little chance that you succeed with your current installation if you read this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161
Of course, there's no guarantee that this works...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 26th November 2005, 14:25

Thanks, till and falco!

The /var/log/ispconfig_install.log is very useful.

The first error is due to «Line 1037: WARNING: could not read in db_ispconfig.sql». Then I've manually created the database. The second error: «db ipcf already exists!», and my manual dump that have problems --can't change the IP and server name with ISPConfig web.

The last installation after your recommendations is correct, thanks

(PS: about this thread title: is ./setup, not ./install! %-)

Last edited by benjami; 26th November 2005 at 14:27.