Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th July 2007, 03:59

Default ISPConfig install continues to fail

I have followed to instructions in "The Perfect Setup" for OpenSuSE 10.2 to the letter... completely new install. I have double and tripple checked all the required installed components. No problems.

ISPConfig is another matter totally. After a long, long install process it gets just beyond the PHP5 install and then indicates missing Spam Assassin directories, etc... and then fails with the non-descript PHP Binary Install message. I have gone through this process four times now over the past two days... I have checked every component's installation via yast2. Everything that is suppose to be there is... but ISPConfig still fails. Certainly not an 'Out of the Box' install.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th July 2007, 11:13
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,371 Times in 4,218 Posts

From which directory do you install ISPconfig? Please download the installer tp /tmp or /usr/src and install it from there. Also make sure that you have enough free space on your harddisk, especially about 200 - 300 MB in /root/
Old 5th July 2007, 16:56

Default ISPConfig problematic install

Late lat night I finally obtained what appears to be a good install. After I read through the manual carefully I'll create an initial site and do more tests.

I had followed all directions to the letter so it was difficult to see what was wrong. And I was installing to /tmp/ as required and there was about 80 GB free space. My final problem wasn't resolved until I loaded some missing Perl components that Spamassassin required. In the instructions checking for these components isn't mentioned till after ISPConfig completes a good install. Not sure what was going on there. Of course that wasn't the end of it. At that point I found I had a certificate with "an invalid" signature problem to correct. Fortunately I found a thread on this site that gave me the information that I needed to redo that certificate.
Old 6th July 2007, 12:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,371 Times in 4,218 Posts

Maybe you missed to install the perl modules mentioned in step 13 on this page:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_se...ensuse_10.2_p8