Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 16th June 2007, 20:26

Default Can't View PHP web pages

First, I'm a complete newbie to both LINUX and ISPConfig learning as I go by books and forums like this one (great, I might add). I am completely self-taught and the extent of my programming experience is writing PHP scripts for my web sites (again learned through books and tutorials).

I have installed the LAMP System With Fedora Core 6 according to your "How to" . I then installed ISPConfig 2.2.13 according to the instructions. After installation, I rebooted, accessed ISPconfig and set up a test reseller account with a client and web site according to the manual's instructions. My problem is that I can't view view pages that contain content generated by PHP scripts. I activated PHP scripts and PHP Safe Mode for the web site when I created it. As a test I created a phpinfo file and all I got was a blank screen.

Can you possibly give me an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your patience.
Bob
Sponsored Links
Old 17th June 2007, 13:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,490 Times in 4,322 Posts

Did you put the php script in the correct directory, e.g. /var/www/www.yourdomain.com/web/ and did you access this website through the domain and not trough a IP address or some kind of redirect?
Old 17th June 2007, 14:15

Wow! Many thanks for your very quick reply and your help.

Yes. Everything appears to be correct. I have been working my way through the ISPConfig User Manual and except for the PHP issue everything else seems to be OK. I have since re-enabled PHP globally just so that I can continue to work on my site and PHP works just fine so I guess I may have done something wrong while installing ISPConfig or setting up the web site.

Last edited by ris516; 17th June 2007 at 14:23.