Old 9th November 2005, 10:36

Default ISPConfig Backups

Here is a cool feature that i've been thinking about for a while.

ISPConfig Backups.

Basically the server does the backups locally daily (/home/backup/ is what i'm using), and tarballs up the users files and gzip / bzip2. At the same time it does the database backup.

Basically all we need is an interface to enable the user via isp config to gain access to their backup and restore a backup should something seriously break (Dodgy bulletin board gets hacked, someone accidently overwrites something via FTP etc).

I think this is a much nicer way to do backups from a user perspective, sure they can still make their own backups if they want. But the host should be keeping at least 7 days worth of files, and at least 14 days worth of database dumps just in case. (The latest of these being stored offsite)

Feedback on this idea is appreciated.
Sponsored Links