Old 31st March 2007, 04:22

Unhappy Web Site Problem

I installed ISPConfig and I'm having a problem with the web server. When I go to one of the sites that I created and I get the default index page. I load the site using an FTP program and connected to the site, www.the-allisons.us, and changed to the web folder and then transfered the files. When I look in the server folder, /var/www/web5/web, all of the files for the site are there. I have this same problem with all of the sites that I've created with ISPConfig. I've look at all of the HTTPD config files and i can't find anything wrong. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Sponsored Links
Old 31st March 2007, 10:17

Your site is working fine for me.
I see a "My Family Generations" page.
Old 31st March 2007, 15:32

Default Stranger and stranger

I went back to check the index file and they were not updated when I loaded the file. I thought that this was strange because the file size and date changed. I deleted the index file and reloaded it and it worked fine.

So, now my question is do I need to manually delete the index file for each new site? The FTP program that I'm using is configured to over write files and I was never prompted to delete or over write.
Old 1st April 2007, 20:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerAllison
So, now my question is do I need to manually delete the index file for each new site? The FTP program that I'm using is configured to over write files and I was never prompted to delete or over write.
Your FTP program should overwrite the index.html file, but if you're in doubt, delete the old one and then upload your index.html file.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
The Following User Says Thank You to falko For This Useful Post:
TinkerAllison (3rd April 2007)