I added some extra DNS configuration parameters in my pri.site.tld file at the end of the file, below where is says:
;;;; MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ;;;;
Restarting Bind 1st gave me problems, because it needs a seperate blank line at the end (there are multiple in the default: oke).
Then after making another change with ISPConfig in this domain, it removes the blank lines at the end (below my custom entries). As a result, this domain gives an error like:
Jan 26 11:47:37 xxxxxx01 named: dns_master_load: pri.obfuscated.tld:43: isc_lex_gettoken() failed: unexpected end of input
Jan 26 11:47:37 xxxxxx01 named: dns_master_load: pri.obfuscated.tld:43: unexpected end of input
Jan 26 11:47:37 xxxxxx01 named: zone obfuscated.tld/IN: loading master file pri.obfuscated.tld: unexpected end of input
Of course the changes are not committed in the upstream DNS servers.
I tried to add another MAKE MANUAL ... line below my custom entries (+ empty lines), but that failed also.
After completely removing the custom entries, ISPConfig was able to generate a valid pri.domain.tld file again and the restart of Bind went oke.
Sorry, but I don't have time at the moment to fix this myself or do more investigations, but thought I'd bring this to the dev forum anyway, maybe someone stumbles over the same issue (and maybe even someone has the time to look into this