View Single Post
Old 12th December 2005, 09:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,268 Times in 4,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exy123
Question about how ispconfig works with email users and domains. I noticed users created through ispconfig cant use outlook to check thier mail ,
Thats totally wrong. You can use any email program that is capable oof reading pop3 or imap accounts together with ISPCOnfig.

Quote:
then i found the post where it was explained you have to have real system users.
You must have system users, these users where creted with ISPCOnfig. Dont create them manually!

Quote:
Now my question is how to do you tie in the users made through ispconfig and the real system users so that they can check thier mail without login failed errors ?
Login into ISPCOnfig and create an new email account. Never add System users manually.

Quote:
And also if you have john@domaina.com and you have john@domain-b.com how would the mail for them be seperated if you can only create one system user with the username john ?
Please dont double post:
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640

To your core problem, you cant access your pop3 accounts?

Which userdata did you use? the username as normally the form web1_john. and the password is the password you entered as you created the useraccount in ISPConfig.