View Single Post
Old 5th October 2007, 22:09

Quote:
Did you enable "Server requires authentication" in your email clients?
Yes, yes I know... I did that already and also checked the output of
Code:
ps aux|grep sasl
and all and everything seems to be in the way it should. I just wanted to make sure I installed a mail server meant to do all I needed it to do (serve users both inside the network and out of it). We will have to troubleshoot this one at some later time since I have already worked around it as I said.

Quote:
You can enable other virus scanners like F-Prot in the amavisd configuration (of course, you must install F-Prot first); they won't get into each other's way.
Thank you for this answer as well. What I had in mind was trend micro and I already found the following entry in /etc/amavis/conf.d/15-av-scanners:

Code:
 ### http://www.trendmicro.com/   - backs up Trophie
  ['Trend Micro FileScanner', ['/etc/iscan/vscan','vscan'],
    '-za -a {}', [0], qr/Found virus/, qr/Found virus (.+) in/ ],
What I really need is any success stories from people that have already tried it before, things I should look out for, or better a step-by-step guide. I will google it a bit myself as well and see what I may come up with. Will let evryone know if all goes well. In the meantime I can use all the help I get.

Any ideas/comments regarding my other issues??