View Single Post
Old 8th December 2005, 02:53

Thanks for your quick replies! I have now done a fresh install of the Debian 3.1 image provided by my web hosting company and wherever possible I followed your guide "The Perfect Setup - Debian Sarge (3.1)".

Quota doesn't seem to work on my vserver:

Quote:
allie:~# quotacheck -avugm
quotacheck: WARNING - Quotafile //quota.user was probably truncated. Can't save quota settings...
quotacheck: WARNING - Quotafile //quota.group was probably truncated. Can't save quota settings...
quotacheck: Scanning /dev/hdv1 [/] quotacheck: error (19) while opening /dev/hdv1
Quote:
allie:~# quotaon -avug
quotaon: Cannot find quota file on / [/dev/hdv1] to turn quotas on/off.
quotaon: Cannot find quota file on / [/dev/hdv1] to turn quotas on/off.
The main problem probably stems from an empty /etc/fstab because AFAIK that is dealt with on the host system. Nonetheless, I have now added the quota entries to both /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab:

Quote:
/dev/hdv1 / ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 1
In addition, setting up BIND in a chrooted environment failed because executing the two commands

Quote:
mknod /var/lib/named/dev/null c 1 3
mknod /var/lib/named/dev/random c 1 8
only gave me:
Quote:
mknod: `/var/lib/named/dev/null': Operation not permitted
But I had to disable BIND anyway, because some time after having added a second domain to the DNS, BIND mysteriously wouldn't start anymore:

Quote:
named[24507]: peer.c:87: REQUIRE(*list != ((void *)0)) failed
named[24507]: exiting (due to assertion failure)
Apart from that, ISPConfig seems to be running fine but I still got a lot of exploring to do.